The Office of Library and Information Services (LIS) is responsible for the Shih-Hsin University Library’s overall management, development, and setting the school IT development strategy. This mission includes promoting Library services, school computer labs, teaching software, teaching support, campus networks, websites, and campus administration system development.
Shih-Hsin University Library’s major collections focus on Humanities, Sociology,Journalism, Communications, Information Management and related technologies. The Library holds more than 530,000 volumes of books, about 600 journal titles, 30,000 microfilms, 272 databases, and 26,500 audio-visual materials. As an extension of the Library’s community service, the Library participates in the library consortium, Inter-Library Loans (ILL) and other resource sharing services. The Library is dedicated to expanding its collection in order to support the University’s academic development through digital resources. The Library is devoted to diversifying information services to support the University’s academic mission.
Information Services involves hardware and software procurement, planning,deployment, and management, including supporting the diversified information services requirements of faculty, staff, and students. At this time, the university has a campus-wide high-speed network, 12 professional computer classrooms, network administrative departments, web pages, a computer equipment maintenance program, an E-Lectern deployment, maintenance system, and cloud computer services.
The Office of Library and Information Services is divided into four divisions: Information Services, Network Management, Systems Development, and Project Management. The mission for each division is as follows:
Information Service Division
- Use new technology to increase the distribution of the library’s collection and innovative services.
- Strengthen reader services, including circulation services, reference services, library tours & instruction, interlibrary loan, document delivery services and reserved readings.
- Library material acquisitions, gift and exchange, and budget control.
- Cataloging and maintenance of the Library’s bibliographic database.
Network Management Division
- Deploy and maintain the campus’s network; dormitory network and wireless network.
- Deploy and maintain the communications platform; computer labs and E-Lectern.
- Deploy and maintain campus cloud host planning.
- Maintain school computer equipment
- Assess and purchase campus authorized software
Systems Development Division
- Develop and maintain the school’s administration system.
- Develop and maintain campus apps and mobile apps.
- Evaluate and integrate new technologies verification test.
- Plan and construct an intelligent and mobile campus.
- Deploy and maintain the cloud application service platform.
- Publicize and institute training for new information technology promotions.
- Run the campus administration system consulting services.
- Deploy and maintain the campus administrative unit website planning, counseling.
- Deploy and maintain the campus document management system.
- Run campus information security, internal control, and audit support services.
Project Management Division
- Participate in planning, developing and executing domestic and overseas project tenders.
- Maintain, develop and introduce new technologies and education al management technologies.
- Responsible for project execution, manpower deployment and coordination, resource development planning, and document management.
Tel: 886-2-22368225 ext. 82302